In the Spring of 2016 things were feeling a bit stagnant in my life and I knew I needed a change. I had been toying around with the idea of a blog for a while but just couldn’t find my voice, which is funny…I talk, a lot. With that idea of revamping my life and trying new things and saying ‘yes’ just a bit more I launched My Revamped Life and slowly started this new venture.
One thing to know about me is I’m basically terrible at arts & crafts and have actual scars to prove it. Blogging seemed fun, a great outlet for talking to other 30-somethings ladies and less likely to injure me physically.
With girlfriends all across the country, seriously I’m constantly traveling to the West Coast just to see those gorgeous faces, My Revamped Life felt like the perfect way to gab with my girlfriends near and far. So let’s get YOU caught up to speed, enjoy a few fun, and albeit quirky, facts about me and feel free to send me a message and tell me all about you…honestly, I think you can never have enough coffee or girlfriends!
A little more about me:
- I’m constantly on the hunt for the perfect baby pink nail polish, this is MY Mt. Everest.
- I regret not following through with my toddler modeling career as I believe I could have been one of the Disney Channel greats and really had a nice little mediocre acting career to hold me over until my Instagram sponsorships rolled in. ::enter sarcasm here::
- I moved a lot growing up, 5 states in all. I’m a northern girl at heart (Born in New York but Pittsburgh is my hometown) living in a Florida world.
- I majored in Journalism at Penn State University and wrote for our student-run paper, The Daily Collegian. I was the Sr. Arts Reporter and resident ‘Real World Girl’ always interviewing the latest reality show castoff who came through town.
- I was the youngest person to intern for VH1 in the summer of 2003 and am praying I still hold this title. I was 19 and had just finished my Freshman year.
- Even though I’m barely 5’3 I have learned to embrace the short and rarely wear heels. I love a good, cute, comfy flat and whatever if you’re tall enough you can reach the top shelf for me!
- I am always listening to music, in search of new music and singing at the top of my lungs to my favorite songs. If you have a good song you think I should hear, shoot me a note, send me a DM, do what you have to do…this is important, people!
About My Revamped Life
If you like happy hours with your girlfriends where you can easily dish on Bravo TV “celebrities” as well talking about serious things like love, politics in the workplace and how you got those adorable shoes at 50% off PLUS free shipping…then you will feel right at home at My Revamped Life.
Here we’ll chat about topics from life, to love, work and more. I’m not a fashion stylist, though a quick internship in the VH1 Fashion Department gave me a very false sense of confidence and though I’m not an interior decorator I’m a big fan of pretty things so we’ll definitely be discussing style and beauty a lot!
Don’t forget to check out my WTF Wednesday series where I discuss topics that I cannot wrap my head around, I mean seriously who is still using Comic Sans? Are they doing this on purpose to me? It hurts my brain and I think about it way too much. And because my number one answer to the question ‘What would you bring on a deserted island’ is ‘ALL of the music’ from time to time I’ll even make you a truly unique playlist called My Revamped Playlist so you can jam to my favorite jams of the moment.
Since starting My Revamped Life it took me about 10 months to figure out what this site was going to be and it went through a few changes, but isn’t that actual life? Don’t we change our hair, our clothes and personality until we land on that Goldilocks moment where we think “ahh…just right.”? That’s what we do, we revamp our life and it’s fun, scary and exciting and I think we all should have a friend through that journey.
So, friend, click around, have fun, jam out and pour a second glass of wine because girlfriend you deserve it! Also, don’t forget to subscribe so you can stay up to date on the latest blog posts and be sure to follow me on social media. I’m thirsty for your love and likes and will be sharing tons about my life, friends and world over there so follow me, tweet me, and let’s be classy, sassy and (a little bit) smartassy!